First, please don’t stress and worry….Will my kids behave? What if the weather is bad? My husband hates getting his photograph taken, What will we wear? I will answer all of these questions!
Life is stressful enough and the last thing I want is for you to stress out about your photography session. My goal for each session is to capture your family with natural expressions and their true personalities. Read the tips below to help prepare you and your family for your session.
- Stay calm but it’s only natural to be a little nervous. Your family is special and unique and the goal of each session is to show your family’s personality so try to focus your energy on that. Don’t forget to have fun! Prior to your session, I will send you a questionnaire to get to know you and your family. Please submit that before your session as this gives me a chance to get to know you better. I’ll be able to create a session that fits your family.
- Be you. In order to get authentic photos of you and your family please wear clothing that you feel comfortable in and act like your natural self. Remember that I will guide you throughout our session and tell you what you need to be doing.
- Plan your outfits ahead of time. See this blog post on how to decide what to wear to your family session.
- Remember that during the session I will guide you on what you should be doing, so no need to overthink it all.
- Brings snacks and water. Everyone should be well-fed before the session but bring snacks just in case.
- Tell your children about the session but make it sound fun and if you are relaxed about it, so will they.
- If you have any questions or concerns please ask. I’d like to know them so I can help in any way that I can.
Let’s make some silly faces together!